How to Create, Update and Delete a USER using Rest Api in Confluence Cloud?

Selvaraj Karuppusamy February 13, 2018

Hi,

I am not able to find any proper document for doing Create, Update and Delete operation for integrating users into Confluence Cloud. I can only get the user details using the URL mentioned below.

https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/user?accountId=test123

Please provide me with a document or an URL for doing the same or give me a confirmation that confluence cloud does not support these operation.

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

Hi Selvaraj,

I'm afraid it is currently impossible to edit or delete users in Confluence Cloud. As you can read in the following kb-article, User management REST API changes in JIRA Cloud, this has changed a few months ago with the introduction of Atlassian IDs as authentication for Cloud instances.

Creating users, however, should still be possible through the JIRA REST API (if you have JIRA off course): JIRA Cloud REST API Docs.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Rokesh Lakshmipathy February 13, 2018

I need the solution for confluence cloud/Atlaasian. I am not looking for Jira API reference.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2018

Hi Rokesh, 

That's what I was trying to say. For just Confluence there's currently no REST API that allows you to create, update or delete.

The only way at this moment is through JIRA.

Best, 

Maarten 

Selvaraj Karuppusamy February 15, 2018

Hi Maarten,

Can u give some more details (or) Documents for doing the Confluence User management operation through JIRA. 

Kind regards

Selvaraj

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

Hi Selvaraj,

The link I previously shared, User management REST API changes in JIRA Cloud, summarizes it best.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events