How to Create Lookup Data in Confluence

Chris Hill March 1, 2018

Hi,

I am with a new small startup company and we are using Confluence (and JIRA) Cloud version. I am not a developer or coder so have very limited knowledge in that area and am new to Confluence but hopefully learning quickly!

I want to create a “look up” table which can be used in multiple pages and spaces within a confluence site to ensure consistency and to have a central table of “truth” which can be used across our platform.

I have created a “master” table and used the Table Filter macro as well as the Excerpt macro (with the Excerpt Include macro). I have then been able to create pivot tables using this master table on separate pages (using the Excerpt Include, Table Filter and Pivot Table macros) to be able to display the correct data on. However what I have created is not as user friendly as I have hoped and when I pdf the document the unfiltered information is displayed which makes this option not a workable solution.

In the longer term, I want to be able to create a library of tables or “look up” data that can be used throughout confluence so that common terminology is used and can be controlled centrally. This will lead to more efficiency in the future so documentation can be done quicker and be more accurate.

Are there any tools or macros for creating or managing this, or even some professional customisation available?

Thanks

Chris

2 answers

0 votes
Carla Dumale November 8, 2018

Hello, I am also new in using JIRA and I want to create a look up table to call it easily in my SIL scripts. Can I know how did you solved the issue? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events