Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Copy Confluence Plugins when migrating to another Server with another Database

Michael Jänsch January 11, 2020

I want to migrate

a confluence 6.6. Server version hosted on windows with mssql with a lot of plugins

to a confluence data center 7.2 on linux with postgre db 

XML Export and Import works, and update to 7.2 too

but all my plugin data is lost. How is it possible to copy plugins and plugin data (like configs and base data) to another server and database without writing a database transfer script.

is it not possible to export plugins and plugin data ? 

copying plugins folder does not work  ...

why there is no real plugin migration tool ? looks a bit strange (with friendly words)

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi

You could find confluence Plugin in the following directory:

Installation Folder: /opt/atlassian/confluence/temp

Home Folder: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins

Copy this folder content to their new location and be sure that all of this files permission granted to the user who runs Confluence(See this user in this file: /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/user.sh)

Then start confluence and check for plugins and its relevant data on your instance

Paul Stahlke August 24, 2020

This is how you do it. It works -- thank you! I searched for awhile to find this.

0 votes
Answer accepted
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2020

Hi @Michael Jänsch ,

When you do an XML import the plugins data will be in the XML aswell.

If for some reason you can't find the add-on in the UPM, it means that the plugins folder does not have install files in them.

The way to solve this is to manually install the list of plugins in the UPM, it will automatically pick up the data (saved files) from the database.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Michael Jänsch 

I see you mentioned data center can I ask if you have the datacenter equivalent add-ons installed? 
I am not sure if server addons work in DC.

Michael Jänsch January 13, 2020

its not that easy, but it works on the most plugins 

Like Nicat Nagiyev likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events