How to Configure Confluence server IP port from 8090 to 80?

lily56 April 6, 2013

The default Confluence server IP port is 8090 , I need change port to 80, but it seems the port number only change between 1234 to 9999, I can't chang to 80, How can I do?

The IP such this exmpale: http://localhost:80

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2013

Have you tried changing the port number in the file <confluence_install>/conf/server.xml ?

If you don't want to run Confluence as root and don't want to change your IP tables, you can setup an Apache server runing on port 80 and reverse proxing to Confluence's port. You can read more about this option in Running Confluence behind Apache.

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

mod_proxy configuration described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Apache+with+mod_proxy

This setup gets my vote.

3 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2013

Hi, it sounds like you are on Linux? you run it as non-root user, you will not be able to run it on e.g. port 80.

There are a few options and the easiest one might be using iptables to redirect port 8090 to port 80.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2013

iptables is the easiest way -- what's wrong with it? Authbind is another way. Wouldn't recommend running it under root. You could also have a reverse proxy, such as Apache or nginx running on top of it.

lily56 April 6, 2013

Can you tell me other optins , I don't want use iptable

lily56 April 8, 2013

thank Harry:)

0 votes
mcomsto September 15, 2013

If I wanted to use iptables, could you point me to a good place to learn about what commands I would need to run?

mcomsto September 15, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events