How to Add second ADI using Ldap confluence 3.5?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi team,

No user has access to Confluence from the second active directory we added.

please suggest me how i can work on this issue.

regards,

tousif shaikh.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2012

Hello Tousif,

It sounds like you have a misconfigured User direcotry connection. We have the following document that talks about configuring your Confluence to pull users from LDAP.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

Whenever anyone creates a support ticket with us with an LDAP problem we ususally ask for a Directory Configuration Summary and an LDIF of a user that should be a part of that direcotry. The Directory Configuration Summary can be obtained from your Confluence Admin > User Diretories page.

An LDIF is a bit harder to obtain. Below you will find a link to an external site detailing how to obtain and read an LDIF.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21240886

Personally, I use Apache Directory Studio to interact with LDAP directories. You should be able to right click a user and select "Export as LDIF"

With these two pieces of information you can compare your connector with your directory structure to make sure that attributes are being populated as expected.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Follow Daniel's comment below and check whether the directory configuration is right using Apache directory studio.

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

No i am not getting single users from second LDAP browser.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Ok, so the LDAP sync itself is in trouble. To confirm this can you check whether you are able to see any users from your second LDAP in your User Browser?

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

hi renjith,

thanks for your early reply.

tha logs give me error := ERROR [TP-Processor3] [user.impl.delegation.DelegatingGroupManager] getGroups Failed to retrieve groups for user [LDAP_Dellt] from group manager:
class com.atlassian.user.impl.cache.CachingGroupManager. Continuing with remaining managers.

regards,

tousif shaikh.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Though I m not familiar to AD and confluence, did you check reordering the User Directories i.e., moving the the User Directory (in which the users cannot login) up in order. Also can you check whether the users are duplicating in the User Directories.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

What does the security log say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events