Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How restore Confluence with only SQL DB Backup

Deleted user November 21, 2019

Hi there,

we have lost the server where we have installed Confluence and we only have the the SQL Server 2012 database backup. I suppose we hace lost all attachments that were in confluence pages but we would like to restore sites and pages. Taking these considerations:

- how could we know the confluence version installed?

- how could we restore (without attachments) the sites and pages backed up in database?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

That's a very tricky question.

Well - I'd do a totally new confluence installation with a new database.

Then I'd use the DB backup that you have and import it to the newly created database.

Deleted user November 22, 2019

Thanks for your answer! 

There are some chance to know the confluence version used in the last server? I'm afraid that if I install a different version it doesn't work.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019

Does you server still have the file system of the previous installation ? Or is that also not available ?

Deleted user November 22, 2019

It isn't available :(

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2019

Sergio - I am sure there must be a table in the database that stores the Confluence version it was working with but I am not sure which table name it is.

Maybe you can work with some database administrator - import the backup in a new SQL Server , and have him look for the tablename .

Raise a ticket with Atlassian and ask for the table name that stores Confluence Version Number/Details and based on that information you can find the Confluence Version with your DB Administrator's assistance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Have a look in the table confversion, then look up the highest "buildnumber" on https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-build-information/

Kęstutis Kosa December 4, 2019

Sergio Calleja have You managed to work with restoring from SQL? What is your experience, give us a clue.

Deleted user December 5, 2019

Yes. I restored it, of course, without attachments. I check the version installed through the table CONFVERSION and with the referenced page of @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I installed the version correctly.

Kęstutis Kosa December 5, 2019

Sergio Calleja can you go through the steps how you "attached" old db to new server? Did you install all new server with new db and simply replaced with old db or migrated table by table?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events