How insert table with data?

Kyrylo Khatsko July 11, 2017

i want to use syntax:

|| x || y ||
| a | b |  

to insert ALOT data. And this working only for first line. 

What i should do?

4 answers

2 votes
Tim Smolders
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2022

||header||header||
|row|row|
|row|row|

USED to work. Now it doesn't (new editor).
For me, copy pasting data into Excel FIRST, and then copy pasting from Excel to Confluence/Jira works to paste as table data.

Ondrej Brablc March 16, 2022

What a productivity booster ;-) Thanks for tip anyway.

Like Tim Smolders likes this
1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this thread mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view&edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

1 vote
Dirk Janssen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2020

Copying and pasting from Excel (on MacOS) worked like a charm for me.  So I would create a csv file instead (using commas instead of |), read the csv into excel, copy the range, paste into Confluence.   

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

You may also consider using the Table from CSV macro (Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app).

You'll be able to transform your CSV attachments into Confluence tables and connect your Google Sheets (Google Drive) directly via its URL. It is more convenient, especially for big tables.

1 vote
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2017

Dear Kyrylo,

You could use a tabular CSV or Excel to import alot of data. Is this an option?

can you provide more details?

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2017

Dear Kyrylo,

You could for example copy all the data from your Excel sheet into a Confluence page.

For CSV you would need This plugin

That add-on will make it possible to enter data using comma seperated values (CSV).

You can also import data to Confluence using other ways;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-content-into-confluence-191141.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

so ... Atlassian team removed absolutely simple and good syntax.

And asking me to use a plugin?

I need to spend a working day to only ask permission to setup plugin.

I really prefer to use built in features, like syntax. I can parse text to any format. 

Like # people like this
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2017

Dear Kyrylo,

I do not believe that Atlassian has removed any syntax. There are different ways for importing data into confluence, and the CSV plugin is one of them. But like I stated, there are many ways to do so.. and you can find them all in the documentation that I linked you.

Thank you for afford with link. But this is useless one.
>Import content from other Confluence sites

no

>Import content from a Microsoft Word document

so ... i created a new doc, copy-pasted table from exel. And yes ... it worked. 

>Import web content
no

>Import other content
4 times no

And again. Syntax is not working anymore.

Like # people like this
Carl Dichter February 26, 2019

Here are the tips I used to get it to work:

• Open the markup insert by pressing the + button and selecting Markup.
  • Paste in your markup.
  • Get it to refresh/paint by switching the type of markup language. 
  • If it worked, you can click Paste.
  • If it doesn't work, so it in smaller batches for a lot of little tables, and attach the tables together afterward.
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events