How i can change default port 8090 to 80 ?

Igor Loginov December 7, 2019

I try change port number from 8090 to 80 in server.xml but after restart i cant connect to server (((

whats wrong ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2019

@Igor Loginov  First of all Welcome!!!

Now coming to your question, can have look at your log files, it will surely have some errors. You can also share snippet of that here for further help.

Igor Loginov December 7, 2019

I can send to you log files, but i cant share snippet. My server in the closed network.

How i can send logs ?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2019

@Igor Loginov  I suggest you to find evidence of error in your log file, and just share those lines in comment here.

Also, make sure you don't have any other service running on port 80, and you are running your confluence using root privileges (usually port 80 require that).

Startup related logs are located at - <APPLICATION_DIRECTORY>/logs/catalina.out

Can you also recheck your server.xml and tell me where have you make changes?

Igor Loginov December 8, 2019

Thanks a lot !!!!

I replace startup user from confluence to root and server start fine with 80 port.

Nice job !!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

NO!

Do NOT run Confluence as root, it is a massive security hole, even inside a "closed" network.

You should either use a proxy, or use the setuid to run it with limited privileges.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

@Igor Loginov  @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  is right about running confluence as ROOT user (this is true for all Atlassian application)

I suggest you use reverse proxy server for this, like NGINX or Apache HTTPD.

Igor Loginov December 8, 2019

I move confluence server to localhost:8090 and setup nginx as frontend .

All works fine :)))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events