How fix accounts.google.com redirected you too many time?

Harry Klein March 19, 2021

I'm unable to figure out how to resolve this error message in Confluence. Any thoughts?

OnPaste.20210319-094244.png

2 answers

0 votes
Dominic Dertatevasion December 21, 2021

I encountered this same error when using Microsoft Edge. My tracking prevention was set to "Strict." My solution was to add the below exception to "Tracking prevention" inside Edge's settings. This solved the "accounts.google.com redirected you too many times" error and I was still able to maintain my "Strict" tracking prevention setting.

• “Settings” > “Privacy, Search, and Services” > “Tracking prevention” > “Exceptions” > “Add a Site”
  • Added the URL https://<ENTER_TENANT_NAME_HERE>.atlassian.net

Dominic

0 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Harry Klein ,

Good day.
Can you confirm which browser are you using to view confluence?

Can you confirm if it is a supported browser of Atlassian cloud products :https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/supported-browsers-for-atlassian-cloud-products/ ?

-Sri

Robin Doran May 12, 2021

Jumping on this as I have the same issue on the latest stable version of Chrome for Mac. 

In my case it stopped working around 6 months ago

Harry Klein May 12, 2021

Hi Sri - sorry for not responding sooner. I am using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10. All systems are kept current in terms of updates. 

anishasokan May 20, 2021

Yes, I am having the same issue, when trying to embed a Google Spreadsheet in Jira.

Screenshot_2021-05-20_14-16-29.png

Let me know if there is anything to be done on Google Workspace level.

- like access prermissions?

Andrew M May 25, 2021

For me it was Bitdefender Anti-Tracker causing the problem.  If you add you confluence domain to the exempt list it seems to fix the issue.

Like # people like this
Harry Klein May 25, 2021

@Andrew M ding! ding! ding! we have a winner. Thank you.

Like anishasokan likes this
anishasokan May 26, 2021

I am using Debian 10 GNU/Linux and Chromium browser. On may 20th when I tried I was having same issue. 

"accounts.google.com redirected you too many times."

But today, I see the same where I added the spreadsheet is woking fine.

I tried adding a new spreadsheet report its also working fine.

I haven't made any changes on Google Workspace or Jira Cloud.

I dont have any Anti-Virus on my Debian 10 GNU/Linux.

Not sure how it started working again. But good that is working.

Thanks,
Anish

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events