Please help!!!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Amow,

It seems that is not possible to recheck the box on the instance, because you’ve more users using license than is available for your instance, looking at your screenshot you can check the (-17 remaining).

The simple way to check how many people are in the instance is to check through Application Access, then you can check every one that the access the Confluence :)

Could you please let me know witch is the way that you are looking these people as activated? If it’s from People Directory, you can run the content index on your confluence:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

0 votes
amow June 2, 2014

Thanks henrique - you have explained it as I understood it as well. I have the following issues:

- I can't recheck the box (unable to re-add back)

- I don't understand how many people i have left

- people that are deactivated / disabled previously are showing as active now

I have to file a bug ticket as this is causing major issues

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi Amow,

The recommended way to disable the user it’s simple: just uncheck the application access of the user and remove the user’s group, then the user will not be able to login and also the license will be released.

To disable the Alex Arevalo user you can uncheck the Confluence box and remove the groups: confluence-users, country-gt, prialto-tc, users. then this user won’t be able to login.

And to reenable is just to use the reverse order, enable the application access and add the user on groups again :)

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

0 votes
amow June 1, 2014

Rodrigo - this is documentation for the old User Interface. It worked fine but the new one makes no sense (see image below). THis rolled out last week. Can you please re-review my questions and help me figure out how to use it effectively?

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

hi Amow,

It seems that this would be a ondemand instance since I can't replicate the same screen on a confluence 5.5.2 version which is the same as the documenation I've sent before.

For confluence standalone you can disable the user by cliking in the disable link, however on ondemand you should uncheck the application accessof that user as Henrique said below.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Hi!

This page of the documentation will help you on how to disable an user and check if he is disabled or not and to reenable it again.

Go to the user's profile and choose Administer User.

Administer user screen

In this screen you'll be able to spot if the user is disabled and disable it by pressing the disable button.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events