How does "Request access" work in Confluence?

how to delete a confluence page in Confluence 5.4.3

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Chào anh Phi,

You're kind of asking two questions; one how to request access and one to delete a page. Request access will send an email to the last editor of a restricted page (at least as of 5.3) to ask to grant you access. This also doesn't override the space permissions.

Deleting pages is another story; on my Confluence instance I have it set up (typically) so that only the space admin can delete pages in a space to keep stuff from being accidentally lost. Sometimes it's a pain since one person needs to be the focal point to get pages deleted but has been safer all-round. The only space I have unfettered access to anyone to do whatever is a sandbox space that people can use to just... try stuff.

Hope this is helpful

mike

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi 

I'm struggling with the 'Grant Access' link, which goes to the last editor of a page. In my case, I click the 'Grant Access' link which then takes me to the page. I also observed the URL of that link and mentions the user with grantaccess=true.

The user then goes onto the page that I've given access to, and find the page is STILL restricted to that user.

It didn't work this way before. I'm out of ideas as to why it's behaving this way. Also using Confluence 5.6.4.

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

263 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you