How does one transfer ownership of a page from one user to another?

TK March 25, 2024

What level of administration is required for transferring ownership of a page from one user to another? I am an administrator of a space, but I didn't create the space. Is there some setting I need to request to be activated or turned on by the cloud administrators?

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

hello @TK and welcome to the Community!  Page owners can be updated at any time by the current page owner, space admin or site admin.

Ref:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/New-Assign-and-transfer-page-ownership/ba-p/2396313 

TK March 25, 2024

Hi Laurie, thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing that option nor are my regular users.

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

@TK Are you saying that:

1. There is no ellipsis button next to the Owned by line in View mode?
  2. When you hover over the ellipsis button, you don't see the Manage page ownership tooltip?
  3. When you click the ellipsis button, you don't see the Change owner button?

changePageOwner.png

I am the owner of the page I used in this screenshot above.

When I go to a page created by another user in the same Space, I see the same because I am the Space Administrator.

When I go to a page in another Space that I have no privileges on and go to a page created by another user, I see a More details tooltip on hover and Created by <created> on <date> when I click the ellipsis. I cannot change the ownership because I'm not the page owner, space admin, or site admin.

TK March 28, 2024

@Barbara Szczesniak Correct, plus I don't see an Owned by. I see Created by on every page. I don't have the Manage page ownership and now I think I know why. I am using Data Center, not Cloud, so my guess is I don't have the same functionality as what you've shared. 

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2024

Well, that would explain it I guess. I did a quick search, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in Data Center. You could try searching questions for this to see if anyone else has found a workaround, plug-in, or other way to accomplish this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events