How does one include the entire page including the comments section?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Include Page Macro

How does one include an entire page including the comments section?

1 answer

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 29, 2016

You cannot do this. Can you talk about your usecase a little bit?

Historically we collaborated with SME using a massive blog/webpage on another platform to gather requirements and information.  Often the information for one feature was very relevant to other features.  Testers who had to ensure the features were all implemented consistently appreciated having all information in one place.

Now that we are on Confluence we want to break up these collaborations into decisions or smaller topic pages with more focus.  We expect our subject matter experts will find the comments the easiest way to quickly collaborate (no need to edit the page and determine where they need to give feedback/more information). 

I want to re-create a summary page for our testers that need to access all information especially if we are breaking things up so much.  I figured I could do this using the include feature, but unfortunately we are missing key information contained in comments.  I would love to see an option to include comments for the include macro.

We also discussed disabling comments, but we'd rather be able to include them.

Any workarounds or plans to allow this functionality in the future?

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 29, 2016

Foremost I am not an Atlassian so I don't know what is planned. I haven't found a related suggestion to this yet in https://jira.atlassian.com so I am not sure.

Are you on Confluence Cloud or Confluence self-hosted? If we're talking Confluence Cloud I am afraid you're out of luck. If you're using self-hosted Confluence I am sure we can figure something out.

We have a self hosted version of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

284 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you