How does one include the entire page including the comments section?

Linda Gardea June 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Include Page Macro

How does one include an entire page including the comments section?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

You cannot do this. Can you talk about your usecase a little bit?

Linda Gardea June 29, 2016

Historically we collaborated with SME using a massive blog/webpage on another platform to gather requirements and information.  Often the information for one feature was very relevant to other features.  Testers who had to ensure the features were all implemented consistently appreciated having all information in one place.

Now that we are on Confluence we want to break up these collaborations into decisions or smaller topic pages with more focus.  We expect our subject matter experts will find the comments the easiest way to quickly collaborate (no need to edit the page and determine where they need to give feedback/more information). 

I want to re-create a summary page for our testers that need to access all information especially if we are breaking things up so much.  I figured I could do this using the include feature, but unfortunately we are missing key information contained in comments.  I would love to see an option to include comments for the include macro.

We also discussed disabling comments, but we'd rather be able to include them.

Any workarounds or plans to allow this functionality in the future?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

Foremost I am not an Atlassian so I don't know what is planned. I haven't found a related suggestion to this yet in https://jira.atlassian.com so I am not sure.

Are you on Confluence Cloud or Confluence self-hosted? If we're talking Confluence Cloud I am afraid you're out of luck. If you're using self-hosted Confluence I am sure we can figure something out.

Linda Gardea July 21, 2016

We have a self hosted version of Confluence.

Randy_Elias April 17, 2020

Running into the same issue on a self-hosted deployment.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

@Linda Gardea - Did you find a way around this issue?

Thanks,

Randy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events