Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a user set custom shortcuts in Confluence?

nima.zeighami August 23, 2019

We've merged all of our projects into a few clean logical hierarchies, but one of our PM's mentioned that he doesn't like that shortcuts are global now.  When he had a Space for his product, he had a bunch of shortcuts that were useful to him.  Now, any shortcut that's set is set for all the other products as well.

Is there any way for him to configure his sidebar for himself but NOT effect the global shortcuts?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hello Nima,

Thank you for contacting us. Could you just confirm with me with what you mean by "shortcuts"? I assume you're not referring to the Confluence Keyboard Shortcuts but by the items linked to in the Sidebar?

The Sidebar will display anything you've worked on recently, and any spaces that you added as favorites. Another thing that I did to make things more easy for me is by creating my own landing page that includes various Jira filters, links to pages in Confluence that I reference a lot, and my favorite spaces. I set this to be the homepage of my personal space. So when I come into work, I go to Confluence, click on the link to my personal space in the sidebar, and I'm brought to my landing page.

I hope that helps, but if not, if there's a particular task he's trying to accomplish, let us know and we could suggest a workaround for him.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events