Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a 10 users Confluence license works with a 100 users Jira license?

Rosalinda Muñoz July 12, 2011

I had a 100 users Jira license, but I want to use Confluence and Bonfire with 10 users license. Can I do that? Or I have to buy 100 users license?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yasushi Shiba July 12, 2011

Hi.

Jira and Confluence are totally separate applications. For example we have unlimited number of users for Confluence but only 100 for Jira. Note that if you buy a plug-in (for either Confluence or Jira), you will have to buy the same number of users of licenses (e.g. Greenhopper works as a plugin for Jira so we had to buy 100 user license). Don't know about Bonfire but if it is a sepearate application, it should work similarly.

- Yan

J May 28, 2013

But what happens when I connect a Jira 100 to Confluence 10 and I want the users to not have to login again. I read somwhere that one can configure confluence to also use the jira user management, so that Jira users do not have to login again to confluence. Now when the confluence license has only 10 users how is that controlled?

0 votes
Eric S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2011

Hi Rosalinda,

Great to hear you're interested in Bonfire and Confluence.

For Bonfire, as it is a global plugin for JIRA (similar to GreenHopper) your user tiers do need to match one another. If you have a JIRA 100 User license you will need Bonfire for JIRA 100 Users. The good news is, for a limited time, new Bonfire commercial licenses are 40% off their regular price!

For Confluence, your license tiers do not need to match JIRA. The two applications are independent of one another and can have different user tiers.

As Yan metioned, a good rule of thumb is most commercial plugins will need to match your Atlassian license user tier.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Eric Snyder
<div>sales@atlassian.com | +1 415 701 1110 (San Francisco, USA)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events