How do you recover the body of a macro that has been removed from Confluence

With wiki, you could easily recover the macro body or rename the macro easily if the macro was removed or renamed (user macro). Now it just shows an unknown macro image with no body text. This is not good. There doesn't appear to be an easy way to get the body text back or rename the macro. Is going to storage format view and cut and paste the only alternative?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Bob,

You could create a dummy user macro of the same name. It needn't take any parameters, but this should allow you to see the body that was previously entered. I think I've done this in the past, mainly to degrade gracefully to avoid those nasty "unknown macro" messages appearing in the page.

Regards,

Charles

Yes, that is a workaround for download Confluence, but not OnDemand.

Even though there are workarounds listed below, the Confluence editor should implement something much easier to cover this.

Here is a way that covers OnDemand as well as download. Example 2: Renaming a macro

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

274 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you