How do you make an expand macro stay collapsed in a template?

Mary Wiger November 7, 2019

I have created a template with 3 expand macros for the 3 sections I want to present. Not all users will need all sections. I want them to expand and complete only the section they need.

I have a Create from Template macro on the home page. When a user clicks on it, the page is created but all the sections are expanded out.

Is it possible to have the page created from a template with the sections collapsed?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dia November 7, 2019

When a page is created from a template, the macros on the template will be automatically show as they would if you manually added them on a new page. 

When a page is in edit mode, the expand macro is always expanded or open.  You can only toggle when the page is in view mode.

I hope this makes sense!  

Mary Wiger November 7, 2019

Thank you, it does make sense. I was hoping there was something that would allow me to override it. Thanks again.

Like Don Hamp likes this
Don Hamp March 25, 2022

I agree with Mary that there should be parameter on Expand macro that when page is in Edit mode all the expands  default to collapsed state.     Also the expand macro is alittle bit blocky/fat... if you have many of them on a page  (for example a table with expands in each row of  a table) the boarder and heading  take up alot of room.

Like Amber Svitzpatrick likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events