Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make an embedded video loop

Jeff Tedeschi March 26, 2018

There is an option that allows a multimedia file to auto start, but not one to make it loop.

2 answers

0 votes
Oles Grinchak November 4, 2019

You can make the height and width of the video fill the confluence page by adding height="100%" width="100%" into the HTML code after video controls autoplay loop.

If you want the video to be smaller than the full page you can adjust the percentages in height and width and the video will become smaller. You can also use a pixel number to adjust the size and you would do that by removing the percentage size and typing in the pixel sizes you wish.

<video controls autoplay loop height="100%" width="100%">
<source src="/download/attachments/000000/name-of-video.mp4" type="video/mp4"> 
</video>

The link in shannons comment will help you to get the HTML url for the video if you are using the Multimedia macro.

Regards,

Oles Grinchak

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi Jeff,

It's not possible using the Multimedia macro, so I have made a feature request for this:

I would recommend if you're on Confluence Server, you can enable the HTML macro and use it to embed a video that way: 

Here's my example:Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.27.20 AM.png

If you only want it to loop but not autoplay you can remove the 'autoplay' bit in the HTML.

Note that this is not possible in Confluence Cloud.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events