It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you link to a Postman collection from a Confluence page?

I created some API documentation in Confluence and would like to link to a Postman collection (already saved) so the audience can actively test the API examples. Can anyone advise me on the best way to do this? I notice that Atlasssian uses links to Postman for their API documentation.

3 answers

I used to 1) export boht the collection and the environment and place the *.json files in a cloud drive, 2) added a 'file' as a link to my page:foo1.png

But if you go to: https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman_for_publishers/run_button/creating_run_button/ you can "embed" a dynamic button into a page.

After I copied that content, I added an HTML macrofoo2.png

I then pasted the contents of the HTML from Postman and now I get:

foo3.png

OK, seems like I need to create the link from Postman. They have simple instructions on how to embed the link (which is what I need to do for Confluence) which creates a button. I copied the generated code for the button in Postman using the markdown option, then in Confluence I used the markup macro and pasted the code. It works, creates a Run in Postman button for your collection, and when clicked users are given the option of opening Postman collection using Chrome browser or their OS. I believe it installs the Postman app if they don't already have it installed.

We tried this but its not working.

0 votes
Minh_Tran Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2018

@Deanne Gittens Is the Postman collection a web page? If yes, i think you can use something like iframe to include it onto Confluence

Please refer this document for further information https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-put-an-iframe-into-confluence-598837531.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you