How do you link to a Postman collection from a Confluence page?

Deanne Gittens April 2, 2018

I created some API documentation in Confluence and would like to link to a Postman collection (already saved) so the audience can actively test the API examples. Can anyone advise me on the best way to do this? I notice that Atlasssian uses links to Postman for their API documentation.

3 answers

1 vote
Roberto Irribarren June 26, 2019

I used to 1) export boht the collection and the environment and place the *.json files in a cloud drive, 2) added a 'file' as a link to my page:foo1.png

But if you go to: https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman_for_publishers/run_button/creating_run_button/ you can "embed" a dynamic button into a page.

After I copied that content, I added an HTML macrofoo2.png

I then pasted the contents of the HTML from Postman and now I get:

foo3.png

Francisco Lopez December 2, 2019
0 votes
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

@Deanne Gittens Is the Postman collection a web page? If yes, i think you can use something like iframe to include it onto Confluence

Please refer this document for further information https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-put-an-iframe-into-confluence-598837531.html

0 votes
Deanne Gittens April 2, 2018

OK, seems like I need to create the link from Postman. They have simple instructions on how to embed the link (which is what I need to do for Confluence) which creates a button. I copied the generated code for the button in Postman using the markdown option, then in Confluence I used the markup macro and pasted the code. It works, creates a Run in Postman button for your collection, and when clicked users are given the option of opening Postman collection using Chrome browser or their OS. I believe it installs the Postman app if they don't already have it installed.

gouri patil February 1, 2019

We tried this but its not working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events