Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you link new JIRA issues with existing JIRA issues using confiforms?

Shiva January 10, 2022

I'm fairly new to using confiforms for creating tickets in JIRA. I've been able to create some basic forms but looking to add some advanced features.

In confiforms, is there a way to link the issue being created with an existing issue in JIRA?

I want to do this using the JIRA issue key of the existing issue and also define the link relationship with "is parent task of" and "is subtask of". I'm looking for the JSON code that needs to be entered into the ConfiForms IFTTT Integration Rules.

I'm still building expertise with JIRA, Confluence and ConfiForms. Please 'dumb down' the explanation/answer as much as possible. 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi and welcome to community @Shiva 

This is really a question about Jira REST API as this is the way ConfiForms integrates with Jira

And setting a parent is as easy as adding something like

"parent": { "key": "TEST-101" }

as per documentation examples found on https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#creating-an-issue-examples

Hope it helps

Alex

Shiva January 12, 2022

Thank you for the quick reply @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ and @Fabian Lim

I'll give this a try and see how I can make it work. Please point me towards any additional documentation on REST APIs for linking new issues with existing issues in JIRA using ConfiForms. 

Thanks in advance!

Shiva.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Shiva

Adding the confiforms expert @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events