How do you hide the Create and Space buttons for anonymous users in Confluence 5.8.4?

Deleted user June 4, 2015

How do you hide the Create and Space buttons for anonymous users in Confluence 5.8.4? - Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user July 8, 2015

Thank You - How about the space directory dropdown - any way to hide that from anonymous users?

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015
Deleted user July 15, 2015

I have tired this every way I could think of - the custom HTML and css in the stylesheet do not seem to hide this on my production doucmentaiton site. I even messed with the permissions to make it go away. It still remains visible. However, on my test machine ( my Windows laptop) it does not display. I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot hide it on my production documentation space. Any thoughts besides the plugin suggestion below? Thank you.

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

If your refer to the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Create+from+Template+Macro you place in your pages,  you may wrap the button macro inside a "hide macro", which decides to show or not show its body.

There are a couple of add-ons you may choose from to get this functionality:

0 votes
Deleted user July 8, 2015

Thank you so much - I will give it a try.

0 votes
sandeep sankalapur July 7, 2015

Any one know the answer? I do have similar question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events