Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the Drag and Drop Upload screen to show up on bottom of page?

Erin Laughary August 22, 2019

I want the screen that allows for others to add more attachments to a page to show up.  Only way I see is going to the 3 vertical dots on right and to Attachments and add there.  But other pages we have in our group show that box.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

I assume the are using the /attachments-macro. There is a setting, Allow Upload, This option creates a drop zone on the page.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

It is worth noting that you can drag and drop to a page even with the Allow Upload option turned off. That drop zone doesn't actually add any functionality to the page. Honestly, I'm not even sure why the option exists other than maybe to supply a visual cue that you can drag and drop to upload.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

Did not know that! It was probably a legacy thing, and to make it truly clear you can do it? Or maybe the other function is not always reliable? I know I have had issue with that drag function while editing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events