Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the Add by and last edited by information to print when using the Confluence Documentation Theme?

Hamzah Hakeem November 14, 2012

In the past we, were using Confluence 2.x until I had no choice but to update to 3.x. The Documentation Theme so far was the only theme that rendered our import from Confluence 2.x documents with not issues, and provided the same look as previous. The Workflow template we were using with Confluence was unusable in Confluence 3.

So it was recently brought to my attention the when we print a document, it does not show the Add by XXXX, last edited by XXXX , information, but it appears perfectly fine on the site. The same when exported to PDF.

We use this feature as part of out documentation presention to auditors, so the can see that the information is list not only electronically but also by paper, if a paper document needs to be filed, attached to other documents that need to filed.

Has anyone else experience this problem? If so, have you found a fix?

2 answers

1 vote
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hello there,

Indeed this seems to be an expected behavior as I tested it out and confirmed that the "added by" and "last edited by" are hidden by default.

Since this is not something you can achieve out of the box in Confluence, I went ahead a created an improvement request regarding this matter so it can hopefully be implemented in the future. Please feel free to cast a comment there and also vote on it.

Let's see if someone else has further ideas on this case.

Cheers!

0 votes
Hamzah Hakeem December 4, 2012

I checked the link to your improvement and it's set as a "won't fix" because "you (i.e. Atlassian)" feel that it's not warranted, but what about your customers that rely on having that information even on their pdf or paper archives.

So now my option is to try and use a custom theme builder to make a usable theme that will print that infomation, but will not look or flow as nicely as the Documentation Theme.

This is just another ding against continued use of Confluence, along with the removal of the Wiki Markup, in Version 4.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events