How do you exit a code block, with the keyboard?

Leon Katz October 2, 2020

I'm done pasting code into a code block, how do I exit the code block and move to the next line with just the keyboard?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2020

Hi @Leon Katz , welcome to the Community!

In the Confluence Cloud editor, you can escape from a code block by pressing the down arrow on your keyboard while on the last line in the code block. This will pop your cursor out of the code block and put it on a newline (if there's no content under the code block already - otherwise it will go to the content).

Cheers,
Daniel

Gurmeet Singh January 10, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads ,

This thing does not work while i am working on MAC Machine. It works on Windows.

IS there some other Key that i need to use on MAC.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Gurmeet Singh - this applies to code blocks in the new editing experience in Confluence Cloud. I am personally on a Mac and was able to do this successfully at the time this answer was posted in the latest version of Chrome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble now! Can I ask:

1. What browser are you using on your Mac?
  2. Is there anything different about how you're using the Mac, for example, are you working over a remote screen session?
  3. Can you confirm that the page you're editing is using the new editing experience? On the edit page, the Publish button is at the top of the screen in the new experience, whereas in the legacy editor it is at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events