Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you edit uploaded documents within Confluence using Firefox?

Phillip Yero December 11, 2012

For some reason, when using Firefox, I am not able to (nor is anyone else at my company) edit documents that have been uploaded to Confluence. I downloaded the add-on when prompted and I have checked to make sure that I don't have any security restrictions that could be causing the problem, but I still can't figure out why. It's been tried on multiple computers as well. I can edit the same attachments just fine within IE9, so the only thing I can think of is that it's a problem with Firefox.

Are others having the same problem?

Any info is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hello Phillip,

There is an addon for firefox that is required to get this functionality to work properly.

Please review the following document for a guide on how to install this add-on

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+the+Firefox+Add-On+for+the+Office+Connector

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi Phillip,

My FF is up to date with all necessary addons etc bur this function doesn't work for me at all.

Lucky us

1- we do not use this function

2- Almost all of users are on IE

So my suggestion is, unfortunately, there is no solution for this issue (yet) and you may need to use IE to edit docs.

Cheers,

PS. I hope somebody have already created a ticket for this issue on Atlassian Jira.

Selcuk

Phillip Yero December 12, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

I actually was able to figure it out. Following Daniel's advice above, I read through the documentation for the add-on and was able to figure out what the problem was. Normally, when you download and install the add-on in Windows, it should be able to automatically configure itself using the system's registry. For some reason, it doesn't do that for a good number of people. To fix it, all you have to do is go click on Tools in the Firefox toolbar and then click on WebDAV Launcher Options. Then you have to manually enter all the different types of file extensions and associate them with the appropriate programs. It actually doesn't take very long. you just enter the file extension, for example "doc" (no "." needed), and then click Auto and it should just select MS Word. Also, you want to make sure that you do this for both Office 2003 (doc, ppt, and xls) and 2007 (docx, pptx, xlsx) file extensions.

Best,

Phillip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events