How do you display dynamically created Confluence tabs in the exported PDF file?

Jay Cat April 10, 2017

I created two user macros: one for the 'tabs container', and one for creating tabs. You insert as many 'tab' user macros inside the 'tab container' user macro. I'm using the Confluence tabs shown on this page: https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/tabs.html

The tabs render correctly in HTML, but when I export to a PDF, nothing gets displayed but the outline of the 'tabs container'. The 'tabs container' user macro uses JS to create an unordered list of tab anchors from the content added to the inserted 'tab' user macros. Again, this works great for HTML pages, but not for the exported PDF.

Also, is there a way to access the content of the inserted user macros through the $content or other Confluence objects of the parent 'tabs container'? If that was possible, I could theoretically create static HTML and possibly correct the problem. I'm assuming this issue is because of the rendering of the $body in the 'tab' user macro because when I just use the HTML macro to enter the tabs as shown in the page above, it renders in the HTML page and also gets displayed in the exported PDF, although the presentation of the PDF is not great. Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 answer

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Not sure if this is still relevant for you, but you might want to try the Scroll PDF Exporter which supports more macros and has more styling options than the Confluence out of the box one.

See also this entry which might be your use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events