Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you display a transform table in a properties report

Sandra Bellemare May 1, 2023

I have multiple pages with transform tables that compute elapsed times.  I'd like to display the elapsed times on a summary page using properties report.  The problem is the properties report will display the data in the original table and not the resulting table.  Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

2 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Sandra Bellemare ,

If by the "transform tables" you mean tables wrapped in the Table Transformer macros provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, then you may use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros to collect your tables.

Place the Table Excerpt macro on top of the Table Transformer macro, and the Table Excerpt Include macro will collect the transformed tables (not the original ones).

If you are on Server/Data Center, then you may wrap macros directly one into another.

If you are on Confluence Cloud, wrap macros via the Table Toolbox (it's a special shell developed to nest macros in the Cloud editor).

And if we got the case wrong, please clarify what macros you use to transform your tables - other Community members will be able to help too.

Sandra Bellemare May 1, 2023

Thank you, so I tried this.  My Table Excerpt Include is in a Table properties macro.  On a separate page, I use the Table properties report to summarize project information (elapsed times).

I use the Table Transformer to compute the elapsed times - but they don't show up in my Table properties report.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Try to exclude the standard Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros from the case - use another set of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros instead.

As I understand, you have tables that are wrapped in the Table Transformer macros. Here you perform your calculations.

Then you wrap these Table Transformer macros in the Table Excerpt macros (source table <- Table Transformer <- Table Excerpt).

These Table Excerpts are included via the Table Excerpt Include macros into other tables that are wrapped in the Page Properties macros.

Then you try to collect these Page Properties using the Page Properties Report macro but the column with the Table Excerpt Include macros is not showing properly.

So, use another set of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros instead of the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros: the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros are an advanced version of the standard macros, they allow you to combine summary reports and support other macros as well.

If I get smth wrong, maybe it's better to move to our support: the portal is confidential, you'll be able to share your screenshots of the source table and macro nesting and we'll advise.

Sandra Bellemare May 2, 2023

thanks, I got a little closer but I like the format of the Page Properties report.  I'll submit an internal ticket.

Like Stiltsoft support likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events