How do you correctly add permissions to a page using Scriptrunner for Confluence Edited

Hellooo,

I'm trying to write a script that applies all the edit-permission of one page onto all of it's descendants.
I have 2 problems when running my script:

1. The permissions get applied only to the lowest level of pages in the hierarchy
  2. When removing a permission from the original page after running the script I'm unable to save the change and after a while the page get's corrupted and I can no longer view it. I only receive the following error:

Cause

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission#31391756]
        at org.hibernate.boot.internal.StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.handleEntityNotFound(StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.java:28)

Stack Trace:[hide]

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission#31391756]
    	at org.hibernate.boot.internal.StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.handleEntityNotFound(StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.java:28)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.load(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:227)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.proxyOrLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:262)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.doOnLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:121)

Following is my code:

import com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentPermissionManager
import com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Page
import com.atlassian.confluence.pages.PageManager
import com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission
import com.atlassian.sal.api.component.ComponentLocator
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.CustomEndpointDelegate
import groovy.json.JsonOutput
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

import javax.ws.rs.core.MultivaluedMap
import javax.ws.rs.core.Response

@BaseScript CustomEndpointDelegate delegate

copyRestrictionsToDescendants() { MultivaluedMap queryParams, String body ->
def pageId = queryParams.getFirst("pageId") as long// use the pageId to retrieve this page
def pageManager = ComponentLocator.getComponent(PageManager)
def permissionManager = ComponentLocator.getComponent(ContentPermissionManager)

def currentPage = pageManager.getPage(pageId)
def editPermissions = currentPage.getContentPermissionSet(ContentPermission.EDIT_PERMISSION)

def addPermissions

addPermissions = { List<Page> pages ->
for (Page child : pages) {
for (ContentPermission permission in editPermissions) {
permissionManager.addContentPermission(permission, child)
}
addPermissions(child.children)
}
}

addPermissions(currentPage.children)

def flag = [
type : 'success',
title: "Requirement bar added",
close: 'auto',
body : "The requirement bar has been added."
]

Response.ok(JsonOutput.toJson(flag)).build()
}

1 answer

Hey Terje,

In ScriptRunner for Confluence we have a built-in script that allows you to do just this! If you navigate to "Space Tools > Advanced Space Functionality > Inherit Restrictions for Pages" and you can select which pages and spaces you would like to have child pages inherit root parent permissions.

The documentation for this feature is available from here.

I hope this helps!

Steve

Hello Stephen,

The solution works for pages created after running the script. We're interested in inheriting edit rights for old pages as well. Will this be possible in future releases?

Thanks

Hosam

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

897 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you