Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you correctly add permissions to a page using Scriptrunner for Confluence

Terje Lundén August 3, 2017

Hellooo,

I'm trying to write a script that applies all the edit-permission of one page onto all of it's descendants.
I have 2 problems when running my script:

1. The permissions get applied only to the lowest level of pages in the hierarchy
  2. When removing a permission from the original page after running the script I'm unable to save the change and after a while the page get's corrupted and I can no longer view it. I only receive the following error:

Cause

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission#31391756]
        at org.hibernate.boot.internal.StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.handleEntityNotFound(StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.java:28)

Stack Trace:[hide]

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission#31391756]
    	at org.hibernate.boot.internal.StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.handleEntityNotFound(StandardEntityNotFoundDelegate.java:28)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.load(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:227)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.proxyOrLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:262)
    	at org.hibernate.event.internal.DefaultLoadEventListener.doOnLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:121)

Following is my code:

import com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentPermissionManager
import com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Page
import com.atlassian.confluence.pages.PageManager
import com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission
import com.atlassian.sal.api.component.ComponentLocator
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.CustomEndpointDelegate
import groovy.json.JsonOutput
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

import javax.ws.rs.core.MultivaluedMap
import javax.ws.rs.core.Response

@BaseScript CustomEndpointDelegate delegate

copyRestrictionsToDescendants() { MultivaluedMap queryParams, String body ->
def pageId = queryParams.getFirst("pageId") as long// use the pageId to retrieve this page
def pageManager = ComponentLocator.getComponent(PageManager)
def permissionManager = ComponentLocator.getComponent(ContentPermissionManager)

def currentPage = pageManager.getPage(pageId)
def editPermissions = currentPage.getContentPermissionSet(ContentPermission.EDIT_PERMISSION)

def addPermissions

addPermissions = { List<Page> pages ->
for (Page child : pages) {
for (ContentPermission permission in editPermissions) {
permissionManager.addContentPermission(permission, child)
}
addPermissions(child.children)
}
}

addPermissions(currentPage.children)

def flag = [
type : 'success',
title: "Requirement bar added",
close: 'auto',
body : "The requirement bar has been added."
]

Response.ok(JsonOutput.toJson(flag)).build()
}

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hey Terje,

In ScriptRunner for Confluence we have a built-in script that allows you to do just this! If you navigate to "Space Tools > Advanced Space Functionality > Inherit Restrictions for Pages" and you can select which pages and spaces you would like to have child pages inherit root parent permissions.

The documentation for this feature is available from here.

I hope this helps!

Steve

Cinnober Admins July 9, 2018

Hello Stephen,

The solution works for pages created after running the script. We're interested in inheriting edit rights for old pages as well. Will this be possible in future releases?

Thanks

Hosam

IT Einkauf May 3, 2019

I have exactly the same question. As it is, this feature is not worth much. Users expect some consistency, so permissions inheritance would have to work in all cases:

• Creating a new page
  • Changing permissions on parent page
  • Changing permission on child page (if we take inheritance seriously, setting conflicting permissions on a child page would have to be suppressed)
  • Moving a page (inside a space or between spaces)
  • (maybe there are more cases that I didn't think of)

We'd definitely buy ScriptRunner if this would be implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events