How do you copy and flatten a smart multi-row field into a new form?

Benjamin Rios May 12, 2023

Hi I am running into an issue where I am trying to flatten a smart multi-row field into another form field using an IFTTT macro. 

Within the ifttt macro I am choosing to flatten fields however, when I trigger the event only the last entry of my smart multi row is being copied over. 

I am currently using the following syntax:

smartField=[entry.multiRow.transform(fieldToPass).asList]

Say the [fiedToPass] is a field within the [multiRow] Multi-Row, [fieldToPass] has 4 entries but only the last entry gets printed.

I was expecting 4 new records to be created when the IFTTT macro was triggered,  but at the moment only 1 new record gets copied over. 

The newly copied record is the last entry of [fieldToPass]

Is there something I am missing or not understanding correctly?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Rios 

I would approach something like this a bit differently

As smart field values are nothing else but the links to other records then it makes sense to work on the "source form"

Basically I would use this IFTTT type https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-CopyConfiFormsData

And copy data that is filtered by "multi-row values" from the source form to the form where I need them

Nothing to flatten...

So, the filter to apply on dataset before copying would be something like this

id:[entry.mymultirow.transform(id).join( OR id:)]

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events