How do you copy a partial space page hierarchy to same space under different hierarchy

Colin Griffiths April 8, 2013

Hi, We have all our documentation in a public space that is not linked to any Jira project. For instance

App1

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

App2

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

App3

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

What we would like to be able to do is keep versions of documentation and with each iteration copy the previous version. For example

App1 3.4

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

App1 3.5

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

App1 3.6

Doc-Pages Hierarchy

Sp when we want to create documentation for version 3.7 we simply copy App1 3.6 and it's entire hierarchy as the base for App1 3.7 and then make appropriate changes to the App1 3.7 hierarchy.

Is this possible? I've been looking around on Atlassian sites - Jira, Confluence etc. and it appears not at first glance other than possibly using the export/import although a little messy and potentially dangerous. Anyone else achieved this or handle this differently. Interested in anything that can help with management of documentation with respect to versions.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Griffiths April 21, 2013

Reponse from Atlassian:

It isn't currently possible to copy a Space in Confluence, so usually customers use the Copy Space plugin, but unfortunately that isn't available for OnDemand customers. However, as an OnDemand customer you can still use Bob Swift's Confluence CLI tool, (that you run locally), which has a 'copySpace' function that uses the remote API and that can be used by OnDemand customers. I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about using the CLI plugin because it's outside the scope of Atlassian Support but this is what I would recommend to you to use for this purpose.

0 votes
Colin Griffiths April 16, 2013

Raised JST-62277 with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events