How do you change position of labels?

I would like to display the labels-section on one of my pages inside a panel macro. I tried to do a .clone().appendTo() to display the labels in another div and that did not work. I have also tried changing it's position using CSS but that also does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Confluence v. 5.1.3

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Ben,

what CSS did you use to change the position of the labels section? I tried it in Confluence 5.5.7 and it worked.

div#labels-section   { position: absolute; left: 200px; top: 100px; }

Cheers,
Kirstin

Hello Kristin,

The CSS  I used was about the same as yours - I just used bottom instead of top. I ended up getting a display page information macro so it would work, but when I use that it does not leave the bottom of the page no matter what I type. I can have it like this and it ends up staying in the same Y position and moving along the X plane until about the mid-way point.

{ position: absolute; left: 100; bottom: 200 }

But as I said, I got it to at least display the tags with the macro, so it functions for now - we are updating to 5.7.x sometime soon so hopefully the CSS will work when we do that.

Thank you,

Ben

Okay,

I ended up figuring it out. It was a brain fart on my part more than anything. If I use negative values I can move it past the boundaries.

So I made two separate ones a

div#likes-and-labels-container {} - with a relative position rather than absolute

And

div#labels-section{} with a left: -34%

and I was able to move the entire container up to the Y position I needed and then moved the labels a negative amount to the left after hiding the likes section to move it past the X boundary it had.

Thanks, I probably would have just kept it with the macro and had two labels if you didn't post this and motivate me to give it another college try.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you