Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you archive pages under a space and all its contents?

Krista Dyer March 21, 2023

I want to be able to archive a page which has pages attached to it or are under that main page.

Is there a way to do this? or do you have to manually archive each page separately? Example: 

Space X

• Main Page 1
    • Page A
    • Page B
    • Page C

I want all of Main page from A - C to archive together. 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

When you archive a page that have child pages you will be asked if you also want to archive the children too:

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.30.23 PM.png

Krista Dyer March 22, 2023

This is what I am getting. image.png

It is not showing the nested pages so it wont let us get all of it in one archive. We have to go through each one. 

Like Elizabeth Nixon likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Okay, so on standard plan the nested archiving is not an option, you need to be on the premium plan in order to have that feature. This KB has more information about it.

Elizabeth Nixon April 18, 2023

@Krista Dyer thanks for asking this question! It's been on my mind for some time and just haven't headed over here until today. Unfortunately, I have now learned that we have a standard plan :( but I'm going to see if we can change that. There is so much cleanup to do on our site.

@Mikael Sandberg thanks for such a clear answer.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

With the Better Content Archiving app, you can bulk-archive pages even if you are not on the Premium plan!

You can enter a CQL to select the pages to archive and the background job (at its next scheduled execution) will archive all those in one go:

confluence-automation-cropped.png

The automation shown above will start on each Sunday 00:00 (in GMT) and archive all pages that are in the "To archive" status without any manual work!

See the tutorial: https://www.midori-global.com/products/better-content-archiving-for-confluence/cloud/documentation/configure/automation-schemes#configure-scheme

(Discl. this is an app developed and supported by our team. It is free up to 10 users.)

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Krista Dyer ,

If your use case is cleaning Confluence and removing many outdated pages, you might check out Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date (plus supports bulk archiving).

4.gif

Breeze is a full content lifecycle management solution and features

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Give it a try or feel free to schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events