How do you apply a custom font to an exported PDF?

Dan Burzynski April 15, 2013

The instructions make it sound easy, but when I attempt it, nothing happens. For example:

@font-face {
  font-family: BryantBold;
  src: url(file:///usr/share/fonts/BryantBold.otf);
  -fs-pdf-font-embed: embed;
}  

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .blogHeading {  
  font-family: "BryantBold", "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,sans-serif;  
  font-weight: normal !important;    
}

From what I understand, if that font is located on the the Confluence server (which it is) that CSS there should embed the BryantBold font into the PDF and apply it to headings. The problem is, that it doesn't seem to do so.

Two differences I have in my code to the example is that I user the font-family: element in @font-face and I'm using an opentype font instead of a truetype one. Could either of these be a factor? (I know that the h1 etc styling is targeting correctly as dumping in a font-size: 4em; into the mix makes all my headings in the PDF large. It's just that damn font-face not being applied.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hello Dan,

From the following KB we see that Confluence only suports true type fonts.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Export+PDF+Using+OpenType+.otf+Font+File

This article hepfully links to a converter that will allow you to convert your .otf into the proper format.

Please let us know if you have any troubles.

Dan Burzynski April 21, 2013

Thanks for your help. I converted the font to a TTF, tried again and still no luck. :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events