How do you add a employee to a confluence page if they don't show up in the drop down of employees?

Starr E_ Rudolph July 28, 2022

While adding my team to the confluence page I created for us, three of them didn't show up on the drop down list so I wasn't able to add them.  Please advice.

Not on Dropdown in Confluence.JPG

4 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2022

If you are pulling users from active directory, you could have a situation were IT did not add these new employees to the default group, confluence-users (or whatever group they are using as default).

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2022

@Starr E_ Rudolph ,

Welcome to Community .

Are these users from an active directory? Check if you have any issue with sync because of which they are not getting displayed. The other reason would be corrupt indexes. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

well, they show up just fine in outlook and skype...they show up in the global directory.

0 votes
OLA O July 28, 2022

Type the user's name or the group into the search bar. (You can add multiple people and groups to the search bar.) Select Can edit or Can view. Select Add to add them to the list with the selected view or edit permission.

I tried that...they weren't there to select. 

Like OLA O likes this
OLA O July 28, 2022

You have to edit permissions first. Open Confluence. Click Spaces. Click Space directory. Click Space Details icon beside to Space to update. Click Permissions. Under Individual Users, click Edit Permissions. In field under user list, enter users name and click Add.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Have you verified that they have access to Confluence? This is done under the administration section and user management. Find the username and see if Confluence is enabled for them.

Ok, let me look for that.

where is the administration section?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events