How do we sort in a Confluence page?

Hugh Bathurst November 19, 2014

.. in both blank page and in tables.

2 answers

1 vote
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Hi Hugh,

Tables can be sortet by the headers, by clicking on them. 

I dont know really what you mean by "sorting in a blank page". What do you want to sort?

regards

Hugh Bathurst November 24, 2014

I like to have all content created sorted alphabetically by default (or via a quick manual step) - be it in a table or not in a table (e.g. on a native confluence page). E.g. Enter a list ZZZ AAA BBB on separate lines then click Sort (which I can't see in Confluence OnDemand) and whalla ... 3 lines of text sorted (Ideally same, or similar in a table). PS. I'm aware Confluence can sort by clicking the header of a table (which is most handy but doesn't stay sorted if you leave then return to the page) BUT from my tests I can't do same / similar when in edit mode on the table so it stays sorted.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

Your issue is marked as won't fix:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29816

My workaround suggestion to you is to:

1. Create your Table
  2. Preview your page
    image2014-12-4 11:55:21.png 
  3. Sort your table
    image2014-12-4 11:55:44.png 
  4. Select all cells in your table
    image2014-12-4 11:56:10.png 
  5. Edit your page again