How do we add, on a confluence page, the issues that are related to the topic of this page ?

Hello,

Fisrt of all, sorry for my english, I'm french...

My question is in the subject above.

Here is an example :

1- We have created a confluence page called 'Portal validation buttons'

2- We have different kind of information in this page, included 'Tickets that refer to'

3- We would like to have to ability to add a list of all the issues related to 'Portal validation buttons' in the section 'Tickets that refer to'

I know that we can do that by creating a filter and using this filter with the macro 'Filter results'. But if we have, for example a 100 of confluence page where we have to do that, it's not going to be efficient... So is there a way to add that with a special macro where we can specified 'Search issue WHERE project = 'Portal' where summary='validation buttons' ?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Caroline

4 answers

1 accepted

Thanks a lot!!!

Best,

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

To better understand your question, are you trying to pull tickets from an external source (i.e. JIRA) into a confluence page, or are the "Tickets that refer to' a given topic coming from other Confluence pages?

Best,

Neal

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, we would like to pull tickets from Jira into the confluence page. I found that the 'Jira issue' macro has a search option and that we can do : 'Project=Portal' and summary~'Validation buttons', for example.

Do you know another way ?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Caroline

I think this is probably your best bet. Your query could also use the 'text' keyword instead of summary, ie

Project=Portal and text~'Validation Buttons'

which will search the description and summary for the relevant keywords.

The only other option I can think of (w/o using a 3rd party plugin) is to label your JIRA issues with relevant keywords (i.e. validation button), and use the Jira Issue Macro search to look specifically for issues using those labels:

Project=Portal and labels = 'validation button'

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,943 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you