How do remove the vertical scroll bar on my columns (within a section)

Ronnie Freeburn April 2, 2019

I have used the page layout feature and created sections, in order to apply a boarder i have added the columns macro to my sections, but I now see a vertical scroll bar appearing in publish view. 

How can I remove the scroll bar? 

Capture.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Bruno Ohana April 17, 2020

Tried re-scaling Windows display and Chrome zoom options, none of which seemed to have an effect - a vertical scrollbar randomly decides to appear on some of our pages and nothing short of rebuilding the wiki page or offending widgets will get rid of it.

It does seems to be specific to Chrome - Windows Edge will render the same page without the vertical scrolls.

Anyone found other alternatives?

0 votes
Lois Jewell August 27, 2019

I had this and eventually found it was related to display settings rather than anything in Confluence specifically.

Check whether your browser has set a zoom in/out rather than 100%.

Check the Windows display settings for the monitor you are using to see if the zoom under Scale and Layout is 100%. In my case, Windows recommended a zoom of 125%. Changing this back to 100% removed the scroll bars.

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hello Ronnie and welcome to the Community!

We would need to recreate the issue to find the cause of the scroll bars. Most of the time these are due to the height of the row causing a scroll the trigger (even for a few pixels). With this said, we would like to recreate this to find what is causing these scrollbars. If you could, please send use the storage format of the page in question so we can test.

To find the storage format select *** > View Storage Format.

Send us the exact output that is within the new window (remove any sensitive information or URLs).

We look forward to hearing back so we may find the cause of these mysterious scrollbars.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Ronnie Freeburn April 4, 2019

Hi Stephen, 

My Confluence does not seem to allow me to export the storage format, so unable to send. 

:( 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events