cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do refined wiki menus work?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

I'm trying to understand what you can do with the menus in Refined Wiki. The only documentation I can find is http://demo.refinedwiki.com/display/rwot/Global+menu, but that seems to be talking about a single menu to which you can add items. On that very page, there is a menu bar with four mega menus, which is more the kind of thing I'm looking for. How do you do that with Refined Wiki, and what can you put in those menus? Can you have different menus in different spaces

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Löfgren February 25, 2014

Hi Jonathan!

I am not sure which menu you are refering to. The link you provided describes the global menu found on the right-hand side. On the image you can also see the category drop-down menus on the top of a page, which are described more in detail here:

http://demo.refinedwiki.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30868471

Categories can be used to organize spaces, external links etc. Let me know if you need more help!

// Andreas

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Thanks, Andreas.

I'm still unclear about this. Do you mean that the menus along the top are populated from the space categories? I'm talking about these menus (from that page):

Andreas Löfgren February 26, 2014

Each one of the menus correspond to a category that you usually fill with spaces. However, the menus are global and not connected to specific spaces.

"Product Documentation" on http://demo.refinedwiki.comis one category for example. When you click on it, that category then contains three subcategories (Themes, Plugins, FAQ) and those three contains different spaces. In addition to spaces, one can also fill the categories with external links. So basically, the menus are used to navigate between spaces.

Hopefully that clears things up!

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Thanks, Andreas!

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2015

Hi Andreas, How does RefinedWiki know which menu a space belongs to? I believe it used to use the space categories but it no longer seems linked to that...

Andreas Löfgren March 17, 2015

Hi Ethan, In the past it was connected through labels, but since 4.0, a mapping between space -> category is saved in the database instead. It is not connected to the space categories in confluence.

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2015

Slick! Have a little reworking to do but helpful that I can now use space categories for other things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events