How do i track license expiration store in confluence

Abraham October 18, 2021

Please any idea of any open source software  that can help to track license expiration store on confluence.

2.  Also, do we have any script that can also help to track  license expiration on Confluence.

Thank you,

Abraham

4 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

You can use the Better Content Archiving app to track the lifecycle of Confluence pages, which makes it the ideal tool also for this use case.

Steps:

1. Create a separate page for each software license. You can the enter the license details like software name, plan, user count to a table or to a page property macro.
  2. You could even create a license repository using a hierarchy of pages or whatever categorization fits your need.
  3. Set the license end date to the expiration date of the page which represents the license! set-page-expiration-date.gif
  4. Set the user or users who are responsible for the license as owners of the page.
  5. Set up a notification that emails the page owners with the list of their pages that reached their expiration date (i.e. the expired licenses): notification-email-outdated.png
  6. Tip: this is a good idea to set up another notification N days before the expiration date so that you will receive a "daily reminder" before the actual expiration!

You should always test if this works well for you. Luckily, you can try it free!

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Abraham You can easily check your licenses expiry on my.atlassian.com. As mentioned by Brant you can create a confluence page to manually keep a check on your licenses or you can create an excel sheet and store it locally on your system if you are comfortable with it. And Ollie is also right in that, you will be notified before the license expiry so that you can take necessary action before the license expiration.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

@Abraham If you are looking to track your Atlassian product licenses they already do it very well for you.  I am assuming that you want to track other licenses of software that you use.  I would create a template that has specific information I need to know about that license and then use page properties to list that information out.  I would then create a page property report on a page where I can then track the software.  Then as you renew licenses you would just update the page.  Then you can use the one page to see where everything is at.

Abraham October 19, 2021

We are one of your customers. We  are company "xyz ", we use Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket respectively to store our documentations which includes various expiration dates on various software that we use in our company, but we are running into a problem that some of the software (Licenses) we store in confluence get EXPIRE without our knowledge .

Please, so  we want to know if you guys have a feature associated  with confluence that  can TRACK  different  EXPIRATION software (Licenses)   that we  can used?

If,  you do not have a software  or feature to do that can you point me  to any 3rd party software that i can integrate with confluence that can do so?

Thanks again,

Abraham

Abraham October 25, 2021

Good afternoon Brant,

Please the other licenses of software that i want to track technically are  Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Nessus, Fortify , etc. Thank you!

Abraham October 25, 2021

Also ThreatQ

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Hi @Abraham ,

I think there is no need to add any auxiliary functions here. Atlassian will send an alert email to the site administrator when your user authorization number or product authorization period is about to overflow.

Abraham October 19, 2021

We are one of your customers. We  are company "xyz ", we use Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket respectively to store our documentations which includes various expiration dates on various software that we use in our company, but we are running into a problem that some of the software (Licenses) we store in confluence get EXPIRE without our knowledge .

Please, so  we want to know if you guys have a feature associated  with confluence that  can TRACK  different  EXPIRATION software (Licenses)   that we  can used?

If,  you do not have a software  or feature to do that can you point me  to any 3rd party software that i can integrate with confluence that can do so?

Thank you,

Abraham

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events