How do i now discard my changes without saving as a draft?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Drafts

Ask your question here...

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi David.

There's no way to discard unpublished changes at the moment. 
The thing I do is to publish your changes and then revert to the previous version ( three dots --> History --> Restore the previous one).

I hope it will work for you as well.

Cheers,

Pawel

Just close the editing window without saving

that returns you to view mode

next time you open it in edit mode it will notify you there is a draft and whether you want to resume editing or discard

I'm running Confluence Cloud and the only buttons are Update (publish) and Save & Close (draft). There is no simple close, which just returns to view mode, without saving.

Phil Oye Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2017

Hi David, you are correct, the button reads "Save and close", which has the described behaviour: it preserves the draft and returns to view mode without updating the epage.

Hi David, currently it's not possible to discard changes in a draft, as they're autosaved. We have already a feature request for that and you can find it at CONFCLOUD-45721. You can vote for it to increase it's popularity and watch it to receive further updates, you can also add your thoughts in a comment.

Let me know if you have any questions :) Otherwise, you can accept the answer as valid.

Does this include the draft itself, once saved, when the document has been previosly published?

Phil Oye Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2017

A workaround is to publish the page and then revert to the previous version in Page History.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you