How do i customize my confluence side bar?

Nick Howser April 18, 2013

How do i customize my confluence side bar?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hallo Nick

If you're using the new sidebar in Confluence 5.0 or later, this document describes how you can configure it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

Cheers

Sarah

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Firstly you need to check whether you are using Global look and feel (default) theme or documentation theme. If you're using the default theme, you can refer to the documentation that Sarah provided above. However if you're using documentation theme, you need to go to Space Tools (Space Admin) >> Themes >> Configure Theme, and the you could customize the sidebar under the Navigation. For more information please refer to the following documentation.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Do you mean the side bar in your personal space?

• You can use CSS to hide it and put in one that looks different.
  • You can modify the section in the Global Layout that displays that to change it.
  • You can modify /template/includes/personal-sidebar-in-context.vm, the Velocity file that is called from the Global Layout to build that sidebar. You'll find that in the Confluence install directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events