Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i copy paste text from word and retain formatting?

Cean_Fernando February 12, 2020

I created an article in word with specific formatting e.g. number, indented bullet, number, indented bullet

when pasting the text into the fields, the formatting is not carried over.

2 answers

1 vote
Softlist Sp. z o.o. February 23, 2021

Hi @Cean_Fernando ,

Explore our plugin - Format Painter for Confluence (Server) - which already listed at Atlassian Marketplace. Cloud version coming soon. The Format Painter add-on allows to copy and paste formatting from one section of the document to another, such as font style, color, text size, etc. With the Format Painter app copy-paste of formatting really easy. Give it a try!

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

Hi @Cean_Fernando ,

you can keep some/most of the formatting by importing the word document.  Click on the three dots in the top right, and choose "Import Word Document".

Connor Stahmer March 2, 2021

I have found this does not work

Like davesoft11 likes this
davesoft11 July 6, 2023

Click on the three dots in the top right

In the top right of what? I see 3 dots in the top right of the Attachments pane, but there is no "Import Word Document" option. Do you have some special plugin?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2023

It seems the menus etc changed since I posted the answer.  Here's the current way: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/import-content-into-confluence-cloud/

davesoft11 July 7, 2023

okay, nevermind. I thought I was in a community discussing Jira. The solutions mentioned seem like they apply to Confluence. I'll have to Google fresh to find the solution to this problem for Jira issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events