How do i add a word document to a template ?

Vida Leatherday August 29, 2019

I cant seem to add a word document to a 'template' within confluence.

we currently have the document on SharePoint, the users complete this then upload to confluence. id like the user to be able to just go to a template within confluence and complete the word document there rather than in two places.

can you help please

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

You'll need to attach it to a page in a space, then link to it from the template.

Vida Leatherday September 2, 2019

I've already tried this but when you create a new space from the template the attachment is a link to the old space, when you edit your updating that version - you don't create a new.

I want a template that can hold a  word document, so when users create a new space they have the document attachment to be able to download and update to their own space.

looks like this just cant be done, other than storing it on a sharePoint then uploading to the space, i was hoping to reduce the effort for the users.

is the above the only solution ?  

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2019

If you are trying to do this using the Atlassian Companion app, then unfortunately this won't work. It would be better to create a master page (not a template) and then get users to copy it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events