Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I write status notes on assigned tasks?

Øystein Holvik Johnsen November 2, 2016

I'm trying out the Meeting Notes functionality in Confluence.  And I'm assigning tasks to myself during weekly planning meetings.  But how can I write status notes on these tasks?  I can only find functionality for setting the tasks complete or not complete.  But not what the "end result" of a task is.  If a task is "Check Light Saber delivery date", I'd like to write when it arrives as well as marking the task complete.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

Hi Øystein,

The default task functionality is quite basic.  Apart from the Task Report macro you've described their complete functionality.  JIRA is the work management tool and for anything other than basic "to-dos" I think Atlassian would rather you pay for JIRA.  However, there are a lot of task apps in the marketplace that supercharge tasks and a lot of them are free smile.

Øystein Holvik Johnsen November 2, 2016

Thank you for your answer.

I have to say, I find it strange that Atlassian even adds a task functionality when it's so basic (if not lacking).  Most of the time, the tasks I put on my to-do list have some sort of result or deliverable that's worth noting down.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

As a task management system, I agree it leaves a lot to be desired.  But I think the use case for it is to allow people to have a high level list of tasks assigned to people, e.g. as the result of a meeting, and it's down to the individual to manage their to-do list outside of Confluence in whatever tool they want.  So it's more for "done vs not done" rather than for managing the life cycle of the individual tasks.

Øystein Holvik Johnsen November 3, 2016

Yes, I think you're correct.  I suppose if I needed, I could create tasks in JIRA to monitor the workflow and record the result of a task, and link the JIRA task number in the task in the Confluence meeting note.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events