Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use version control for items added to Confluence?

Derek Small July 30, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
Derek Small July 31, 2015

If I create a Product requirements page with individual requirements defined on that page, will these be version controlled from a point of sign off or from a point that I define?  Or would I need to attach documents that would themselves be subject to version control as defined by Milo?  I am trying to work out how to use Jira and Confluence in combination for requirements documentation and workflow (through review and sign off by business reps) but need versioning so that if our supplier cannot deliver the functionality to exactly met the requirement, any changes to the original requirments are taken forward as a version 2, 3, etc. with the original, signed off version retained.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2015

No, it's versioned from the point of creation. Every time you edit a page, you get a new version. Attachments are versioned separately from the page, again, from the point of creation in Confluence. This is not so much "version control" as just plain versioning - every change has been tracked. I think what you're asking for is a bit more complex than this. I suspect you're looking for some form of authorisation and sign off stuff - I'd take a look at Comala Workflows and Scroll Versions - different approaches, but both really good at looking after publication type stuff.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

Versioning is automatic in that when a document of the same name is attached to a space, the new "version" becomes the current version. Using the Attachments macro, the previous versions can be accessed and/or deleted.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2015

and all changes to a page are logged and versioned too.

Like # people like this
Steven Henein June 28, 2019

If you use the "Change History" macro on a page, you can see and view previous versions of the document. very cool!!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events