How do I use Handy Statuses macro in a Table Filter macro?

Jasmine Powers April 4, 2022

I am trying to use Handy Statuses within a Filtered Table macro. The Handy Statuses work on a non-filtered table, but when I put that table inside a Table Filter macro, I can no longer change the Handy Statuses from the View page (but can edit them in the edit page, which defeats the purpose of the "handy status" tool).

1 answer

3 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2022

Hello @Jasmine Powers ,

Thank you for your interest in Handy Status. 

This macro works within tables filtered with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence in Server and Data Center.

As for Cloud, we have more technical limitations to consider. At the moment, Handy Status can only be filtered within a table with Table Filter enabled. It can't be switched. As a workaround here I can suggest using Confluence Cloud native Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros. Thus, you'll get the source table with Handy Status that can be switched in the page view mode and another one filtered with Table Filter. You won't duplicate the information, though, and it will be updated automatically. Please see the screenshots below.

Handy+TF.png

We are aware of the fact that customers love using Handy Macros for Confluence in the combination with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence so we'll keep an eye 

Jasmine Powers April 6, 2022

How would I use these macros in this context? I have [high, medium, low] priority statuses as well as [not started, in progress, complete, on hold] task statuses in the same table.

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Jasmine Powers 

If you need to filter more than one column, just choose to add another filter to the second table.

2022-04-07_10-35-27.png

The number of filters and the required columns can be customized. Note that due to the combination of the Excerpt and Excerpt include macros the data is synchronized across pages.

2022-04-07_10-41-43.png

If you need more information about how to filter tables in Confluence with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence refer to the documentation.

Best regards,

Elena

Like # people like this
Alexander Ovsyannikov November 14, 2022

Hello @Jasmine Powers,

We have recently released the integration of Handy Status and Table Filter. Now you can use our macros together without any issues.
We hope it would be helpful.

Kind Regards,
Alexander

Like Stiltsoft support likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events