Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I use Handy Statuses macro in a Table Filter macro?

I am trying to use Handy Statuses within a Filtered Table macro. The Handy Statuses work on a non-filtered table, but when I put that table inside a Table Filter macro, I can no longer change the Handy Statuses from the View page (but can edit them in the edit page, which defeats the purpose of the "handy status" tool).

1 answer

3 votes

Hello @Jasmine Powers ,

Thank you for your interest in Handy Status. 

This macro works within tables filtered with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence in Server and Data Center.

As for Cloud, we have more technical limitations to consider. At the moment, Handy Status can only be filtered within a table with Table Filter enabled. It can't be switched. As a workaround here I can suggest using Confluence Cloud native Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros. Thus, you'll get the source table with Handy Status that can be switched in the page view mode and another one filtered with Table Filter. You won't duplicate the information, though, and it will be updated automatically. Please see the screenshots below.

Handy+TF.png

We are aware of the fact that customers love using Handy Macros for Confluence in the combination with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence so we'll keep an eye 

How would I use these macros in this context? I have [high, medium, low] priority statuses as well as [not started, in progress, complete, on hold] task statuses in the same table.

Hi @Jasmine Powers 

If you need to filter more than one column, just choose to add another filter to the second table.

2022-04-07_10-35-27.png

The number of filters and the required columns can be customized. Note that due to the combination of the Excerpt and Excerpt include macros the data is synchronized across pages.

2022-04-07_10-41-43.png

If you need more information about how to filter tables in Confluence with Table Filter and Charts for Confluence refer to the documentation.

Best regards,

Elena

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

270 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you