How do I use Anchor macros in conjunction with the Page Properties Report macro?

Benjamin Fishel-Brown July 13, 2017

I have several pages that each have many Page Properties macros and I'm using a Page Properties Report macro to bring all of their relevant data together on a different page, we'll call it Main.  The format of the child pages is a Page Properties macro followed by an Anchor macro followed by a Collapsible Block macro.  None of these macros are embedded in one another, to be clear.  Just that sequence of 3 macros following each other over and over again.

My goal is to embed a link to the Anchor in the table of the Page Properties macro such that when viewed as part of the Page Properties Report macro on Main, I can link back to the specific space for that specific item on its child page.

The issue I'm running into is this - Confluence is trying to be "smart" when I create my link.  The proper format for the link should be 'child page name#anchor name'.  However, since I'm already on 'child page name' when I'm creating the link, that part is automatically removed by Confluence such that when I edit the link afterwards the text is just '#anchor name'.

How do I force Confluence to stop trying to help me here and not strip the text it deems unnecessary (because the links that get pulled into the Page Properties Report macro don't work)?  Or is there another way to go about accomplishing my goal with other macros?

Many thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph LaRosee September 13, 2017

Have you figured this out? I am looking to do something similar.

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Just a hint: Try writing a user macro which creates the anchor link inside the page property macro. I did something similar listing page attachments as a simple unordered list inside a page property macro: the result is a page property report which list all pages with the attachments in one table. Try the Confluence Source Editor add on to get the idea of the code a macro creates. Your user macro should just be a link to the current page  added with a #anchor link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events