Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I upload a password protected word doc?

The word doc can be uploaded without password protection, but as soon as we apply protection, we get a message that the file type cannot be uploaded. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Claire Wink welcome to the Atlassian community.

Your use case is unique and I couldn't quite connect to the reason for uploading a password protected document to Confluence. You can instead attach a word converted PDF which can't be edited given the organization's pdf restrictions.

Given, the Confluence tool is to provide transparency and smooth collaboration between teams, when you upload a password protected- doc, what are you trying to achieve? OR what kind of restrictions are you planning? etc... etc.

Alternate to the pdf file type attachment, there is a marketplace plugin namely, "Encrypted Content for Confluence" that protect your data with a password to avoid unauthorized access. Kindly see if that plugin address your current requirement.

I don't know if it's merely bureaucracy or a valid precaution, but Confluence alone has been deemed not sufficiently secure for our purposes. We are transferring sensitive information to a supplier and it is a requirement of our Security protocols.

Sorry to ask but why you need to upload a password protected file? I was wondering if the usage of user grant can be enough to guarantee the information protection.

Pietro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

809 views 8 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you