How do I transfer documents from my old confluence account, to a new one?

Brendan Gray July 5, 2021

The company I work for had a confluence account a long time ago. We want to move the documents from that account to our new one. How can we do this easily?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hello Brendan, Good day.

Welcome to Community!

If you have another Confluence Cloud site and still have access to it, it is possible to perform space exports, by going to Space Settings > Content tools and then clicking on the Export tab, where you should see an option to Full Export (XML), then you can select Export.

After the export is finished, you download the zipped archive.

Then the next steps would be Import the Confluence Cloud space you just exported, on the Confluence Settings (the cog icon right next to your profile avatar at the top right on the navigation bar) and then Import Spaces on the left sidebar.

For that, it would be need to be a site-administrator in order to proceed further with the import.
In case you don't have administration access to the target site, you can check with your site-administrator to grant you those permissions or perform it on your behalf. :)
Another approach, in case it is only a few documents, but not the entire spaces, would be exporting single pages to word.
Then you can import the word pages directly into your target site, by accessing any page and following the steps below:

1. View an existing page. The page chosen becomes the parent page of the document imported.
2. From the top right of the page, select ••• > Advanced details > Import word document
3. Select the Select file to import button
4. Find the Word document you want to import
5. Select Import. The confirmation page appears.
6. Choose the import options you want. Learn more about the options in the section below.
7. Select Import

It is important to note that, if you have a Confluence Cloud backup already, it is also possible to import it into your target Confluence Cloud, but it would wipe out all the data currently in the target site, so the import space by space would be the best approach to keep both data from the old Confluence Cloud site to the target/current Confluence Cloud site. :)

I hope this information helps covering on how to import documents from another Confluence Cloud site! 

Cheers!
Jessica

Brendan Gray July 7, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS