How do I templatize a page?

Jan Hendrickson February 15, 2017

In two places, I have read that a page can be templatized.  I cannot find any instructions.  Can you tell me where in your documentation this can be found?

Create public facing release notes (from How to document releases and share release notes)

"Once you've created a release notes page you like, Confluence lets you "templatize" that page so you can use it again and again. By standardizing your release notes with a page template, you'll establish consistency for everyone using release notes. Learn more about  Creating a template  in Confluence."

Create a customer interview page template (from Creating insightful customer interview pages)

"Once you've created a customer interview page you like, Confluence lets you "templatize" that page so you can use it again and again. Learn more about creating a template"

1 answer

2 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2017

Hi Jan,

The links in your question tell you how to create a template.

If you want to "templatize" a page you can edit the page, copy everything in it, and then paste that into a new template.

Jan Hendrickson February 16, 2017

Hi Rob, thanks for the answer!  I have several pages that I had not planned on being templates, but they were well received and user friendly, so people want to use them!  

I hope you will update your help pages to reflect this great answer!

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the positive feedback smile

This is a user forum rather than official Atlassian support channel, so I can't make changes to their documentation.  But you can go to http://jira.atlassian.com and log a feature request to ask them to update their documentation, or put a support request in if you'd rather.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events